Zesty Salmon With Pineapple Salsa
Mar 04, 2019
Zesty Salmon with Pineapple Salsa
Photo Courtesy of Madehealthier.com
Minutes to Prepare: 20 Minutes to Cook: 11 Number of Servings: 4
4 (3oz) Salmon fillets
- Zesty Salmon Sauce, Optional (You can find this by the fresh salmon at County Market)
- Juice of 2 lemons & Salt-free seasoning of choice
- 1 small can pineapple tidbits, drained
- ½ cup finely chopped bell peppers (red, yellow, orange)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- To prepare pineapple salsa, combine pineapple, bell peppers, cilantro, lime juice, and red pepper flakes in medium bowl. Salsa can be made up to two days in advance and refrigerated.
- Bring salmon to room temperature for about 10 minutes and season the salmon fillets with pepper & any salt-free seasonings.
- Warm a large nonstick skillet with 2 teaspoons olive oil over medium-low heat. Raise the heat to medium-high,
- Place the salmon, skin-side up in the pan. Cook until golden brown on 1 side, about 4 minutes.
- Turn the fish over with a spatula and brush the Zesty Salmon sauce on top of each fillet or you can season with a squeeze of lemon juice and your favorite salt-free seasoning or marinade on top instead.
- Cook until it feels firm to the touch and the skin is crisp if desired, about 3 minutes more.
- The skin can be served or removed easily with a knife or spoon and transfer to a plate and serve with pineapple salsa.
- To save additional calories, spray your pan really well with non-stick cooking spray rather than using olive oil.
- Serve with steamed vegetables and a side of brown rice, quinoa, or couscous.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Calories: 160 Protein: 17gm Total Carbohydrates: 9gm Fiber: 0.8gm
Total Fat: 5.4g Cholesterol: 47mg Sodium: 38mg
Note: Nutritional information does NOT include the Zesty Salmon Sauce
Please add a comment
You must be logged in to leave a reply. Login »