Baked Asparagus With Parmesan Cheese
Apr 01, 2019
Preparation time: 20 minutes Serves: 4
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables per Serving: ½
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed (cut off the woody ends)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, freshly grated (you can buy it already shaved or grated)
- 1 ½ tablespoons bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- In a medium baking dish, toss asparagus with the oil and arrange in an even layer.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan and bread crumbs.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until asparagus is tender.
Each serving provides: A good source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C & Fiber. Asparagus also contains calcium, potassium, thiamin and Vitamin K.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Calories: 56 Carbohydrates: 7gm Total Fat: 1.6gm Cholesterol: 1mg
Fiber: 3gm Sodium: 38mg Protein: 3gm
Credit: Recipe courtesy of Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH). This recipe meets PBH and Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) nutrition standards that maintain fruits and vegetables as healthy foods.
Please add a comment
You must be logged in to leave a reply. Login »